England team to play France - Saturday 15th February 2003
10 February 2003 14:57pm
Congratulations to Jason Leonard, Will Greenwood and Dan Luger, all of whom have been selected for the England team to play France at Twickenham on Saturday (15th February 2003, kick-off 4.00pm) in the opening round of matches in this seasons Six Nations Championships.
Leonard will win his 100th cap in this match and become only the third member of an exclusive club, joining fellow centurions Frenchman Philippe Sella (111 caps) and Australian David Campese (101).
Greenwood partners Sale Sharks Charlie Hodgson in the centre, while Luger will play his first game for England since last years Six Nations victory over Italy in Rome (7th April 2002).
The full team is as follows:
15. Jason Robinson (Sharks) 14. Dan Luger (NEC Harlequins)
13. Will Greenwood (NEC Harlequins)
12. Charlie Hodgson (Sharks)
11. Ben Cohen (Northampton Saints)
10. Jonny Wilkinson (Newcastle Falcons)
9. Matt Dawson (Northampton Saints) 1. Jason Leonard (NEC Harlequins)
2. Steve Thompson (Northampton Saints)
3. Julian White (Bristol Shoguns)
4. Martin Johnson (Leicester Tigers)(Capt.)
5. Ben Kay (Leicester Tigers)
6. Lewis Moody (Leicester Tigers)
7. Neil Back (Leicester Tigers)
8. Richard Hill (Saracens)
16. Mark Regan (Leeds Tykes)
17. Graham Rowntree (Leicester Tigers)
18. Danny Grewcock (Bath)
19. Lawrence Dallaglio (London Wasps)
20. Andy Gomarsall (Gloucester)
21. Phil Christophers (Bristol Shoguns)
22. James Simpson-Daniel (Gloucester)
During week commencing 22nd April Harlequins will launch an innovative, new Membership Scheme which will replace the existing Season Ticket Holder Programme. Further details of the scheme will be announced in due course.