England team to play Wales - Saturday 22nd February 2003
18 February 2003 11:25am
Congratulations to Will Greenwood and Dan Luger, who have both been selected for the England team to play Wales in Cardiff in the Six Nations Championships this weekend (22nd February 2003, kick-off 5.30pm).
Greenwood will win his 35th cap and continues to partner the Sharks Charlie Hodgson in the centre, while Luger will be playing his 29th game for England.
After winning his 100th cap in the 25-17 victory over France at Twickenham last Saturday (15th February 2003), Jason Leonard misses out with a hamstring injury. Leicester Tigers Graham Rowntree takes his place in the front row.
The full team is as follows:
15. Jason Robinson (Sharks) 14. Dan Luger (NEC Harlequins)
13. Will Greenwood (NEC Harlequins)
12. Charlie Hodgson (Sharks)
11. Ben Cohen (Northampton Saints)
10. Jonny Wilkinson (Newcastle Falcons)
9. Kyran Bracken (Saracens)
1. Graham Rowntree (Leicester Tigers)
2. Steve Thompson (Northampton Saints)
3. Julian White (Bristol Shoguns)
4. Martin Johnson (Leicester Tigers)(Capt.)
5. Ben Kay (Leicester Tigers)
6. Lawrence Dallaglio (London Wasps)
7. Neil Back (Leicester Tigers)
8. Richard Hill (Saracens)
16. Mark Regan (Leeds Tykes)
17. Mike Worsley (London Irish)
18. Danny Grewcock (Bath)
19. Joe Worsley (London Wasps)
20. Andy Gomarsall (Gloucester)
21. Phil Christophers (Bristol Shoguns)
22. James Simpson-Daniel (Gloucester)
Harlequins fan Ed Atkin won the Etihad Airways 'Up and Under' competition at the Northampton Saints game. As a result, he and a friend have won a holiday to Abu Dhabi courtesy of Etihad Airways and the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.