England Under 21 team to play Japan - 17th June 2003
17 June 2003 13:29pm
Congratulations to Chris Bell, Andy Reay, Henry Barratt and Ugo Monye, who have all been selected for the England team to play Japan tonight (Tuesday 17th June 2003) in the IRB Under 21 World Cup.
Bell and Reay, who has replaced the injured Tim Taylor (Leicester Tigers) in the squad, partner each other in the centre, with Barratt starting on the left wing. Monye is amongst the replacements.
England lost their opening game in the tournament to Australia by 52-22 last Friday (13th June 2003) and need a victory tonight if they are to give themselves a chance of reaching the knockout stages of the competition.
The game is being played at Newbury RFC, kick-off 7.30pm, and the full team is as follows:
15. E. Thrower (London Irish) 14. J. Bailey (Bristol Shoguns)
13. C. Bell (NEC Harlequins)
12. A. Reay (NEC Harlequins)
11. H. Barratt (NEC Harlequins)
10. A. Winnan (Saracens)
9. P. Hodgson (Bristol Shoguns)(Capt.)
1. A. Croall (Saracens)
2. R. Hawkins (Bath)
3. J. Hobson (Exeter Chiefs)
4. J. Pendlebury (Bath)
5. G. Parling (Newcastle Falcons)
6. J. Hart (London Wasps)
7. R. Peacey (Saracens)
8. B. Skirving (Saracens)
16. C. Rowland (Bristol Shoguns)
17. M. Holford (Leicester Tigers)
18. C. Day (Sharks)
19. B. Woods (Newcastle Falcons)
20. C. Stuart-Smith (Gloucester)
21. B. Davies (Gloucester) 22. U. Monye (NEC Harlequins)
Harlequins fan Ed Atkin won the Etihad Airways 'Up and Under' competition at the Northampton Saints game. As a result, he and a friend have won a holiday to Abu Dhabi courtesy of Etihad Airways and the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.