England Under 21 team to play Wales - 25th June 2003
24 June 2003 12:21pm
Congratulations to Chris Bell, Andy Reay and Henry Barratt, who have all been selected for the England team to play Wales tomorrow (Wednesday 25th June 2003) in the IRB Under 21 World Cup. Ugo Monye was not considered for selection due to injury.
England will be out for revenge after losing to the Welsh 35-9 in this seasons Under 21 Six Nations Championships back in February.
The winner of tomorrow's game, being played at Henley RFC (kick-off 3.00pm), will play either Scotland or France on Saturday in the fifth / sixth place play-off. Similarly, whoever loses tomorrow will face either Scotland or France in the seventh / eighth place play-off. Both of these games will take place at Newbury RFC on Sunday (29th June 2003).
The full team is as follows:
15. Ed Thrower (London Irish)
14. James Bailey (Bristol Shoguns) 13. Chris Bell (NEC Harlequins)
12. Andy Reay (NEC Harlequins)
11. Henry Barratt (NEC Harlequins)
10. Adryan Winnan (Saracens)
9. Paul Hodgson (Bristol Shoguns)
1. Michael Holford (Leicester Tigers)
2. Rob Hawkins (Bath)
3. Matt Stevens (Bath)
4. Geoff Parling (Newcastle Falcons)
5. Chris Day (Sale Sharks)
6. Ben Woods (Newcastle Falcons)
7. Ryan Peacey (Saracens)
8. Jon Hart (London Wasps)
16. Chris Rowland (Bristol Shoguns)
17. Jason Hobson (Exeter Chiefs)
18. Richard Martin-Redman (Bristol Shoguns)
19. Magnus Lund (Sale Sharks)
20. Clive Stuart-Smith (Gloucester)
21. Bradley Davis (Gloucester)
22. Marcel Garvey (Gloucester)
Harlequins fan Ed Atkin won the Etihad Airways 'Up and Under' competition at the Northampton Saints game. As a result, he and a friend have won a holiday to Abu Dhabi courtesy of Etihad Airways and the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.