22 May 13
See how the Etihad Airways', Fly With The Best, Train With The Best competition winners got on at their exclusive behind the scenes training day at Harlequins' training ground
Role: Hitz Coach
Reporting to: Hitz Programme Manager
To lead and deliver Rugby sessions. To develop young people's enthusiasm and participation in rugby and direct them into relevant training courses and volunteering opportunities. To ensure activities are correctly targeted at identified priority groups and areas according to need.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERSONAL DUTIES:
• To develop, in conjunction with the Project manager and Hitz officers, a suitable social inclusion rugby programme
• To assist, lead and coordinate rugby sessions in at identified venues. coordinating competitions and other events as appropriate. All activities should be appropriate to the needs of the target audience and be line with the Hitz strategic aims.
• To be responsible for high quality delivery of community and social inclusion sessions as agreed in the programme
• To keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information for activities
• To identify and direct young people onto relevant training and volunteering opportunities.
• To identify and direct young people towards local identified exit route clubs
• To maximise opportunities to raise awareness amongst the target audience of rugby activities and encourage their participation
• To assist the Hitz Officer in producing update reports for Project Manager and funding agencies and related partners as required
• To identify and follow up potential opportunities to develop activities in line with the strategic development of the Hitz programme
• Passion and commitment to the development of young people
• Ability to gain an RFU enhanced CRB clearance (CRB's will be individually assessed) and a rugby coaching qualification
• Enthusiasm and energy to initiate activities/sessions in a safe secure environment. Role model for all young people
• Ability to develop positive relations with all young people to encourage participation, improvement of social skills, discipline and respect
• Ability to communicate with a broad range of key stake holders including teachers, sponsors and parents/guardians.
• Completion of accurate and regular monitoring and evaluation returns
The role offers the opportunity to receive the following training and qualifications:
• Level 2 (VRQ) Teaching Physical Activity to Children
• Paediatrics First Aid
• Tag Rugby course
• IRB Rugby Ready qualification
• Safeguarding and protecting young people in rugby
It would be beneficial for candidates to have a background or experience in rugby union but not essential.
Interviews for these roles will be carried out at Job Centre venues located in close proximity to the nearest Premiership Rugby club as this is where the roles will be based.
Applications should be made by using an application form, which can be completed through www.jobsgameon.co.uk