Harlequins' sponsorship agency, EXP Sport Ltd, is looking to recruit an intern for the start of the 2009-10 season.
EXP Sport Ltd is a sports sponsorship agency based in Twickenham. We manage sponsorship rights across all sports for both rights-holders and brands. Our clients include Harlequins Rugby Union, Harlequins Rugby League, The Professional Rugby Players Association (PRA), Brita and Planet Sport. We are looking to recruit an intern for the start of the 2009-10 season to work alongside the Senior Account Manager in order to deliver successful sponsorships for our clients.
Title: Sponsorship Intern
Reporting to: Managing Director
Based: EXP Sport Ltd, 57B York Street, Twickenham, TW1 3LP
Length of Placement: 1st September 2009 - May 2010.
EXP Sport is looking for an intern who is looking to develop account management skills to assist with day to day account management for some of our clients. The successful candidate must have drive and an appetite to learn how to become a successful account handler in the exciting and challenging environment of sports sponsorship. The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a good communicator and be organised and methodical in their work.
• Day to day account management for clients under the guidance of a Sponsorship Account Manager
• To work on the ground at events to ensure contractual obligations are delivered, including sponsor branding, hospitality and leveraging activities
• To generate new sponsorship activities and ideas
• To manage small projects
• To work as part of the team
• Office admin associated with your role
• Enthusiastic and proactive
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
• Computer literate with comprehensive use of MS Office, Photoshop and Outlook
• Client facing and commercially focused.
• Ability to understand commercial contracts
• Experience within a business environment would be advantageous but not essential
• It is essential that you know how to have fun whilst working hard
• Graduate level/Year in Industry student
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Closing date 30th July 2009
During week commencing 22nd April Harlequins will launch an innovative, new Membership Scheme which will replace the existing Season Ticket Holder Programme. Further details of the scheme will be announced in due course.