Quins boys help raise money for Shooting Star Hospice Shooting Star Cricket 6s & Children's Fun Day - Sunday 13th September, Marble Hill Park
On Sunday 13th some of the squad will be going to Marble Hill Park to take part in a charity cricket 6s tournament and children's fun day to raise money for the Shooting Star Children's Hospice in Hampton.
Shooting Star provides care, support and advice for children and young people with life-limiting conditions and their families. These services are provided free of charge, 365 days a year and the majority of the Hospice's costs are met by voluntary funding.
The day includes a cricket 6s tournament as well as a children's enclosure with a range of fantastic activities running throughout the day. The event has been organised by ex-Quin Simon Miall together with his brother Julian and sister-in-law Annie, who along with their three sons, have benefited from the important services that Shooting Star provides.
Simon is entering a team into the cricket tournament which includes a number of Quins players, with some of their teammates going along in support. We urge you to join them for what will be a great family day out to help raise money for a very worthwhile cause.
Simon commented, "Shooting Star has been a huge source of support for our family over the last year and this is our way of giving something back. It would be great to see as many people there as possible, and for those who can't attend, I would urge you to visit http://www.justgiving.com/Shooting-Star-Cricket-6/ to help us reach our fundraising target. Shooting Star is a local to most Quins fans and it provides invaluable services to our community - any support will be greatly appreciated."
The day includes:
• All-day cricket tournament
• Children's enclosure with a range of fantastic toys and play equipment
• Children's entertainer, face painting & goodie bags
• 'Boogie Babes', 'Ruggerbeez' & 'Singing Hands' kids' classes held throughout the day
• Scrumptious food & drinks available at the Coach House Cafe (part of purchase prices being donated to Shooting Star) or bring your own picnic
• Complimentary soft drinks as well as 'honesty bar' with alcoholic drinks
• Fantastic raffle & silent auction prizes
• In-chair massages courtesy of Jo Stoller Massage
The cricket will start at 10.00 and the children's activities will get going at 11.00 and will go on until 16.00 - we look forward to seeing you there!
For more information, please contact Annie Miall on 020 8892 3418.
During week commencing 22nd April Harlequins will launch an innovative, new Membership Scheme which will replace the existing Season Ticket Holder Programme. Further details of the scheme will be announced in due course.