Meet The Old Players Evening - Thursday 3rd February
27 January 2005 10:37am
Next Thursday (3rd February, 7.30pm) Quinssa are hosting a 'Meet the Old Players' evening at the Stoop in Association with HOPA (the Harlequins Old Players Association).
At a time when things are changing at the Stoop, with the demolition of the old West stand, this evening will be a chance to look back on the history of our great club. The evening will start with a short talk by Ian Cooper, the author of 'The Immortal Harlequin,' which is about Adrian Stoop and the early days of Harlequins.
Then there will be players from the last six decades present, who will be answering your questions about their time at the club.
The panel will be drawn from:
* Paul Anderson - played for Quins in the 1950's, is the Chairman of HOPA and also an Olympic medalist
* Graeme Murray - Quins captain in the mid-1960's and past Chairman of the club
* Bob Hiller - current Quins President, ex-Quins and England Captain in the late-1960's and also a British Lion, who went on two tours (1968 and 1971)
* Neil Edwards - Scottish international, who played alongside Paul Ackford during the 1980's and early 1990's
* Steve White-Cooper - England international who played second or back row for Quins until the end of the 2001/02 season
* Bill Davison - Quins second row for ten years, who also played for England A
* Simon Miall - will be there to represent the current squad of players
As with all Quinssa events, they are open to everyone. Entry is free for Quinssa and HOPA members and for players from any of the Quins teams, and it is only £3 for anyone else to attend. Profits from the evening will go towards providing another Quinssa Bursary to an academy player.
The bar will be open and food will be on sale too.
If you are planning to come along, please email Duncan Franklin at email@example.com to give Quinssa an idea of how many people will be attending. Please also let Duncan know if you have any questions you would like to ask.
*NB - You can find out how to join Quinssa through their website at www.quinssa.org.uk. Annual membership is only £5.
Harlequins fan Ed Atkin won the Etihad Airways 'Up and Under' competition at the Northampton Saints game. As a result, he and a friend have won a holiday to Abu Dhabi courtesy of Etihad Airways and the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.