Congratulations to Mike Brown, David Strettle and Nick Easter who have all been selected to start for England in the first test against South Africa in Bloemfontein this Saturday (26th May), kick-off 2.00pm. Brown will be making his full international debut at full back, which caps a remarkable season for the 21 year-old.
Over the course of the current season, Brown not only finished the league campaign with nine Guinness Premiership tries to his name - one more than club and country team-mate Strettle - but also represented England Saxons in the victories over Italy A and Ireland A earlier this year, before being named Quins Player of the Year at the Clubs End of Season Awards Dinner last month.
Both Strettle and Easter retain their starting places in the team having impressed on their international debuts during the Six Nations Championship this year. Strettle will be on the right wing, whilst Easter starts in the back row at number eight.
Quins fourth representative in the squad, Andy Gomarsall is amongst the replacements for the game on Saturday and will be looking to win his 24th cap. The 32 year-old scrum half is back in the England team for the first time since his appearance against Australia at Twickenham in November 2004.
The full team is as follows:
15. Mike Brown (NEC Harlequins)
14. David Strettle (NEC Harlequins)
13. Mathew Tait (Newcastle Falcons)
12. Andy Farrell (Saracens)
11. Jason Robinson (Sale Sharks)(Capt.)
10. Jonny Wilkinson (Newcastle Falcons)
9. Peter Richards (Gloucester Rugby)
1. Nick Wood (Gloucester Rugby)
2. Mark Regan (Bristol Rugby
3. Stuart Turner (Sale Sharks)
4. Dean Schofield (Sale Sharks)
5. Alex Brown (Gloucester Rugby)
6. Chris Jones (Sale Sharks)
7. Andy Hazell (Gloucester Rugby) 8. Nick Easter (NEC Harlequins)
16. Matt Cairns (Saracens)
17. Darren Crompton (Bristol Rugby)
18. Roy Winters (Bristol Rugby)
19. Pat Sanderson (Worcester Warriors) 20. Andy Gomarsall (NEC Harlequins)
21. Toby Flood (Newcastle Falcons)
22. Iain Balshaw (Gloucester Rugby)
During week commencing 22nd April Harlequins will launch an innovative, new Membership Scheme which will replace the existing Season Ticket Holder Programme. Further details of the scheme will be announced in due course.