Congratulations to NEC Harlequins back row forward Nick Easter who has been selected for the England team to paly Italy in the Six Nations Championship at Twickenham on Saturday (10th February), kick-off 1.30pm.
Easter, who has made 74 appearances for Quins since joining the club in September 2004 and was in the England Saxons squad for the match against Italy last Friday, will be making his full international debut following a string of impressive performances this season. He replaces the injured London Wasps flanker Joe Worsley on the blind side flank.
Quins Director of Rugby Dean Richards said: "I'm delighted Nick has been called up to the senior squad as he has been the form player at Quins for the last two seasons. He came late into Premiership rugby, but has done extremely well and fully deserves his chance."
The full team is as follows:
15. Iain Balshaw (Gloucester Rugby)
14. Josh Lewsey (London Wasps )
13. Mike Tindall (Gloucester Rugby)
12. Andy Farrell (Saracens)
11. Jason Robinson (Sale Sharks)
10. Jonny Wilkinson (Newcastle Falcons)
9. Harry Ellis (Leicester Tigers)
1. Perry Freshwater (Perpignan)
2. George Chuter (Leicester Tigers)
3. Phil Vickery (London Wasps, capt)
4. Louis Deacon (Leicester Tigers
5. Danny Grewcock (Bath Rugby) 6. Nick Easter (NEC Harlequins)
7. Magnus Lund (Sale Sharks)
8. Martin Corry (Leicester Tigers)
16. Lee Mears (Bath Rugby
17. Julian White Leicester Tigers
18. Tom Palmer (London Wasps)
19. Tom Rees (London Wasps)
20. Shaun Perry (Bristol Rugby)
21. Toby Flood (Newcastle Falcons)
22. Mathew Tait (Newcastle Falcons)
During week commencing 22nd April Harlequins will launch an innovative, new Membership Scheme which will replace the existing Season Ticket Holder Programme. Further details of the scheme will be announced in due course.