Easter and Gomarsall to face the Wallabies in World Cup quarterfinal
3 October 2007 15:33pm
For the third World Cup match in a row, Harlequins Nick Easter and Andy Gomarsall have both been named in England's starting XV for the game against Australia in the quarterfinals on Saturday (6th October) in Marseille, kick-off 2.00pm UK time.
Easter packs down at number eight and is once again alongside the Leicester Tigers duo of Martin Corry and Lewis Moody in the back row, while Gomarsall starts at scrum half.
Jason Robinson returns from the hamstring injury he picked up earlier in the competition and is at full back, while Andy Farrell (Saracens) is preferred to Bath's Olly Barkley at inside centre. Phil Vickery returns to the front row and takes over the captaincy of the side from Corry.
The full team is as follows:
15. Jason Robinson (Unattached)
14. Paul Sackey (London Wasps)
13. Mathew Tait (Newcastle Falcons)
12. Andy Farrell (Saracens)
11. Josh Lewsey (London Wasps)
10. Jonny Wilkinson (Newcastle Falcons) 9. Andy Gomarsall (Harlequins)
1. Andrew Sheridan (Sale Sharks)
2. Mark Regan (Bristol Rugby)
3. Phil Vickery (London Wasps)(Capt.)
4. Simon Shaw (London Wasps)
5. Ben Kay (Leicester Tigers)
6. Martin Corry (Leicester Tigers)
7. Lewis Moody (Leicester Tigers) 8. Nick Easter (Harlequins)
16. George Chuter (Leicester Tigers)
17. Matt Stevens (Bath Rugby)
18. Lawrence Dallaglio (London Wasps)
19. Joe Worsley (London Wasps)
20. Peter Richards (London Irish)
21. Olly Barkley (Bath Rugby)
22. Danny Hipkiss (Leicester Tigers)
Harlequins fan Ed Atkin won the Etihad Airways 'Up and Under' competition at the Northampton Saints game. As a result, he and a friend have won a holiday to Abu Dhabi courtesy of Etihad Airways and the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.