18 Jun 13
Due to the high demand we've been experiencing in Membership queries and renewals, we are opening our phone lines this Saturday for our supporters to purchase Memberships.
19 year-old Charlie has just finished at Loughborough University doing a foundation degree in Sports Management. Currenty with the Quins academy, Charlie has been playing for the Quins A team, along with the Loughborough Students, and is in his second and final season with England U20, having previously played England U18.
We caught up with Charlie in Italy as he was relaxing by the pool after a training session:
"We have our first game tomorrow (Friday 10th June) against Ireland, which we know is going to be tough. That will be followed four days later by Scotland and then South Africa.
"Having played against Ireland and Scotland a few months ago in the Six Nations [where England won the grand slam] I know they will be strong sides to beat. When we played Ireland last time they were missing some players, so this will be a different game and a big test for us all.
"The last time I played South Africa was when I was playing for England U18 and, as a team, we know less about them, but I am sure there will be some familiar faces on their team from when I played them a couple of years ago.
"We know we just have to concentrate on ourselves and take each game as it comes."
Charlie starts for England U20 tomorrow against Ireland U20. Harlequins team mates, Rob Buchanan and Sam Twomey start on the bench.
England U20 starting XV to play Ireland
1) Mako Vunipola (Saracens)
2) Mike Haywood (Northampton Saints)
3) Henry Thomas (Sale Sharks)
4) Joe Launchbury (London Wasps)
5) Charlie Matthews (Harlequins)
6) Matt Kvesic (Worcester Warriors)
7) Matt Everard (Leicester Tigers)
8) Alex Gray © (Newcastle Falcons)
15) Ben Ransom (Saracens)
14) Andy Short (Worcester Warriors)
13) Elliot Daly (London Wasps)
12) Ryan Mills (Gloucester Rugby)
11) Jonathan Joseph (London Irish)
10) George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
9) Chris Cook (Bath Rugby)
16) Rob Buchanan (Harlequins)
17) Ryan Bower (Leicester Tigers)
18) Sam Twomey (Harlequins)
19) Sam Jones (London Wasps)
20) Dan Robson (Gloucester Rugby)
21) Owen Farrell (Saracens)
22) Marland Yarde (London Irish)