17 May 13
Harlequins has confirmed an exciting group of pre-season fixtures as it prepares for the start of the 2013-14 season.
The first fifteen minutes were very tight, both teams were defending well and the only points on the scoreboard had come from a penalty for Saracens. Unfortunately for Harlequins, the hosts stepped their game up another level and with a strong wind at their back, scored five tries within 20 minutes to go in to the break at 38 - 0.
Harry Forrest scored in the 45th minute and a conversion from George Jones finally got the boys on the score board, however this was the only impact they had on the screboard.
Saracens finished strongly and within the last 15 minutes of the game, they scored a further three tries, bringing the full time score to 56 - 7.
Despite the final score Harlequins' attitude to play was excellent throughout and some individuals stood out in a losing cause. The group are looking forward to making the necessary improvements as a squad over heading into their next fixture.
The next game for Harlequins is this Friday 21st December against Bristol at Surrey Sports Park, Kick off 1.30pm.
Full Squad from Saturday 15th December 2012 is below:
1. Seb Adeniran-Olule (Wellington College)
2. Charlie Piper (Cranleigh)
3. Jack Robinson (Epsom College)
4. Kieran Treadwell (John Fisher)
5. Finlay Hillicks (Collyers College)
6. Henry Cheeseman (Whitgift)
7. James Wilcock (Seaford College)
8. James Chisholm (Brighton College)
9. Henry Taylor (Harlequins full time academy)
10. George Jones (Whitgift)
11. James Francis (Epsom College)
12. George Taylor (Whitgift)
13. George Smith (Whitgift)
14. Brandon Bellamin (Whitgift)
15. Ben Woollams (Epsom College)
16. Joshua Ibuanokpe (Dulwich College)
17. Pip Dickinson (Ex Pangbourne College)
19. Dom Mcgeekie (John Fisher)
20. Sam Arnold (Cranleigh)
21. Harry Forrest (Brighton College)
22. Tom Mclean (Wellington College)
23. Tom Whiteley (Millfield School)