23 May 13
Harlequins confirmed today (23rd May) that Chris Brooker is leaving the club to join Worcester Warriors.
The following guidelines have been put together by our club Nutritionist to help guide your nutrition and supplementation.
As a club we believe that the following points are key to Junior EPDG nutrition / lifestyle:
1) Eat every 3 hours through-out the day.
2) Have a glass of water upon waking-up in the morning.
3) Aim to have a source of protein and carbohydrate in every meal and snack.
4) Have no more that 1 take-away / fast-food per week.
5) Eat a form of recovery within 30 minutes of training / playing.
6) Eat 2 sources of dietary omega 3's per day (tinned fish, nuts, seeds, olive oil etc.)
In terms of supplementation we believe that the following may be beneficial.
1) Fish Oils - To help with concentration and recovery.
2) Cherry Active - To help reduce muscle soreness.
3) Multi-Vitamin - To be taken as a booster during the winter months.
4) Pro-Biotic / Colostrum - Aids growth, lean mass, and immunity.
5) Protein & Carbohydrate (not solely Protein) based recovery shake to only be taken after training - Helps with energy levels, ability to train regularly and growth.
Any U16's player considering taking Creatine or Caffine should do so under professional guidance. If you require this please contact our Sports Nutritionist via Tim Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Howard Graham (email@example.com).
All of these products should be got from companies that are registered with Informed Sport (http://www.informed-sport.com/). We also recommend PowerBar as our Sports Nutritionist has conducted his own diligence check with this company