17 May 13
Harlequins has confirmed an exciting group of pre-season fixtures as it prepares for the start of the 2013-14 season.
1) Eat every 3 hours through-out the day.
2) Have a glass of water upon waking-up in the morning.
3) Aim to have a source of protein and carbohydrate in every meal and snack.
4) Have no more that 1 take-away / fast-food per week.
5) Eat a form of recovery within 30 minutes of training / playing.
6) Eat 2 sources of dietary omega 3's per day (tinned fish, nuts, seeds, olive oil etc.)
In terms of supplementation we believe that the following may be beneficial.
1) Fish Oils - To help with concentration and recovery.
2) Cherry Active - To help reduce muscle soreness.
3) Multi-Vitamin - To be taken as a booster during the winter months.
4) Pro-Biotic / Colostrum - Aids growth, lean mass, and immunity.
5) Protein / Carbohydrate based recovery shake - Helps with energy levels, ability to train regularly and growth.
All of these products should be got from companies that are registered with Informed Sport (http://www.informed-sport.com/). We also recommend PowerBar as our Sports Nutritionist has conducted his own diligence check with this company.
Any player considering taking Creatine or Caffine should do so under professional guidance. If you require this please contact our Sports Nutritionist via Tim Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Howard Graham (email@example.com).