06 Dec 13
Harlequins announced today (Friday 6th December) that 50,000 tickets have now been sold for the Big Game 6 when the Club plays Exeter Chiefs at Twickenham Stadium on December 28th, kick-off 4:00pm.
EPDG Sleep Guidance
· Aim to go to bed and rise at a consistent time through-out the week.
· Create a regular pre-bed routine.
· In the 2-3 hours prior to sleep aim to avoid all electrical equipment (smart phone, television etc.) and bright lights.
· Stay hydrated through-out the day, so as to prevent thirst disrupting your sleep.
· Ensure your diet has an adequate iron intake.
· A warm bath or shower prior to bed may aid with sleep.
· Increasing your natural light exposure during the day will help facilitate sleep.
· Ensure room temperature is cool, 16-18 C is recommended.
· Make your room dark. 'Polluted' darkness can hinder the transition into deep sleep.
· Use your bedroom for sleep only. If you are struggling to sleep leave the room so as to preserve the association between your bedroom & sleep.
· A light stretch / foam roll may be a useful way to relax and release areas of tightness prior to bed.
· Avoid Caffeine before bed. Caffeine has a half life of approximately 4 hours.
· Use afternoon naps of 20-60 mins to supplement sleep.
· Try to avoid training late in the evening.