Harlequins duo Marcus Smith and Alex Dombrandt have been named to start for England against Canada this weekend, while Joe Marchant has been named on the bench
Smith retains his starting role at fly-half for England this week having scored on his debut in victory over the USA last weekend. The 22-year-old standoff has gone from strength to strength this season, starring for the senior England side just a week after guiding Quins to their first Premiership title in nine years last month.
Set to make his debut, back row Dombrandt has been named to start at number eight for England at Twickenham alongside Smith. One of the key figures in Harlequins title-winning campaign this year, the fan favourite scored the third-most tries in the Premiership this season with 11 scores, beaten only by Exeter back row Sam Simmonds and Quins teammate Danny Care.
Looking to add to his five Test caps to date, centre Joe Marchant is named on the bench for England this week, with the talented back wearing the 23 jersey and able cover both the midfield and wing for both club and country.
England Head Coach Eddie Jones said: “Our focus this camp is being as strong a 36-player squad as we can be and there has been a lot of hard work and intense competition.
“There is a responsibility on the 23 players selected to perform to their personal best.
“We want to go out there and put smiles on the faces of all the supporters watching at Twickenham and at home on Channel 4.”
England v Canada is live on Channel 4, with coverage starting from 2.30pm.
England XV Starters
15. Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap)
14. Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby, 10 caps)
13. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 39 caps)
12. Dan Kelly (Leicester Tigers, uncapped)
11. Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons, uncapped)
10. Marcus Smith (Harlequins, 1 cap)
9. Harry Randall (Bristol Bears, 1 cap)
1. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 29 caps)
2. Jamie Blamire (Newcastle Falcons, 1 cap)
3. Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap)
4. Harry Wells (Leicester Tigers, uncapped)
5. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 22 caps)
6. Lewis Ludlow (C) (Gloucester Rugby, 1 cap)
7. Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 23 caps)
8. Alex Dombrandt (Harlequins, uncapped)
16. Curtis Langdon (Sale Sharks, 1 cap)
17. Beno Obano (Bath Rugby, 2 caps)
18. Paul Hill (Northampton Saints, 5 caps)
19. Callum Chick (Newcastle Falcons, 1 cap)
20. Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 9 caps)
21. Dan Robson (Wasps, 13 caps)
22. George Furbank (Northampton Saints, 3 caps)
23. Joe Marchant (Harlequins, 5 caps)